Gooey Butter Cake

INGREDIENTS:
1 Stick melted butter or margarine
5 Eggs
1 Yellow Cake Mix
8 oz Softened Cream Cheese
1 Pound Powdered Sugar

DIRECTIONS:

Crust
Combine 1 stick of melted butter, 2 eggs, and 1 yellow cake mix. Mix well. Spread into greased 9x13 cake pan.

Gooey
Mix softened cream cheese, remaining 3 eggs, and powdered sugar until smooth. Pour over crust.

Bake at 350 degrees F for 30-40 minutes (less time will make it more gooey, more time will make it more cakey). Sprinkle warm cake with powdered sugar and serve.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This recipe looks familiar...

Marlene

Anonymous said...

please don't ever delete this blog. or at least tell me before hand if you are going to so I can print everything out!

Marlene

Anonymous said...

Oh, sorry, but technically this recipe was called St. Louis Gooey Butter Cake...
...technically.

Marlene
ps-I'm anonymous because I don't have a blog and I still use hotmail. I know, I know. I'm like living in the early 90's still.